Orange FeverBack to Feature films
- DirectorPim van Hoeve
- ProducerTopkapi Films
Frans van Gestel, Arnold Heslenfeld
- Visual effects supervisorsAlbert van Vuure, NVX
Pepijn Schroeijers, NVX
- VFX production supervsiorDennis Kleyn, NVX
- 3D supervisorJasper Scheepbouwer
- CompositingRoel Meijering
Frank van der Peet
- VFX producerViolette Kleyn
- VFX junior producerTim Groot
- ReleaseJanuary 2017, The Netherlands
- Running time100 min
- Formatshot on Arri Alexa, 2K
- D.O.P.Dennis Wielaert
- EditorElsbeth Kasteel, NCE
- FacilityStorm Post Production
- GradingRemi Lindenhovius
- Music reel/clipFons Merkies
As the whole country is preparing for the World Cup soccer in 2010, all characters are confronted with the Dutch ‘Orange Fever’, which seems to either bring them closer together, or drift them apart.
Planet X created huge crowds of Orange fans using both filmed footage and CG (3D) characters. Check the column on the right of this page for a technical breakdown on how we created a full 3D stadium filled with CG soccer fans.
Other uses of VFX included placing an actor shot in a regular swimming pool into an aquarium in a zoo, a Dutch hotel that needed to be in the centre of Cape Town, TV inserts and many other VFX manipulations to create a 'sea of orange' on the Museumplein in the centre of Amsterdam.
A technical breakdown showing the creation of a 3D stadium with CG characters, both Dutch and Spanish soccer fans. For more detailed information, check the Backstage page.